Steps for Success
Summer College Readiness Program
This five-week summer EOPS program prepares you for college in a relaxed academic setting so that you can experience:
- an introduction to the EOPS program and services provided
- instruction that sharpens your study skills for academic success
- Q&A with current EOPS students and alumni
- an orientation to campus resources
- a fun and social transition into college
You qualify for the Summer College Readiness Program if you:
- are a first-time high school transfer college student or have minimal college experience
- completed the free Foothill College admission application
- have applied for financial aid (note: all EOPS students must be eligible for the California College Promise Grant (formerly known as the BOG [Board of Governors] Fee Waiver) part A or part B, or meet Method B criteria if qualified for California College Promise Grant C. Apply by submitting a California College Promise Grant application, Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA.) or the CA DREAM Application. For more information, visit our Financial Aid Office.
- meet at least one of the EOPS academic eligibility criteria (this will be determined at your EOPS appointment).
The program includes sign up for three courses:
- CNSL 275: Road to College Success: More than Just Books (1 unit) Required EOPS program orientation
- CNSL 5*: Introduction to College (1.5 units) Non-GE; UC/CSU Transferable
- CRLP 55: Lifelong Learning Strategies (3 units) This course will provide you with practical skills that are valuable for college survival. FHGE: Lifelong learning; CSU Transferable
* If you have previously completed CNSL 5 or SPED 8 you are exempt from taking this class.
How to Sign Up
Please contact April Henderson at firstname.lastname@example.org, 650.949.7206, or visit the EOPS office on the 2nd floor of the Student Services Building 8200 in room 8202.
Make sure to attend the EOPS Orientation on May 15. Click the red button at the top of the page to RSVP.