Admitted International Students
Orientation for Fall 2018 quarter will take place September 5 - 7 at 9:45 a.m. in the Smithwick Theater. Please click here for location information. Your attendance to orientation is MANDATORY. If you don't attend orientation, you are at risk of having a later registration date during your first year at Foothill College and will not be able to get classes.
Be sure to complete the Admitted Student Reply Form before your arrival.
At orientation, bring the following documents:
1. A copy of the page in your passport where the United States Immigration placed a "stamp" to enter the country.
2. A copy of your F-1 visa.
3. A complete Health Statement Form
September 5 - 7
The following topics will be covered:
- Immigration and International Admissions Issues
- Class Schedule - How to choose courses
- Registration Procedure - How to enroll in courses, tuition payments, MyPortal
- Student Health Insurance
- Health Services Available on Campus, Personal Counseling and Human Services
- Student Activities, Clubs, and Student Government
- Housing: ISP Homestay and Apartment Information, Setting-up your Living Situation
- Foothill Code of Student Conduct
- Complete Forms: Terms of Agreement and Personal Data/Emergency Forms/Collect Immigration Documents
- Campus Safety
September 10 - 13
If you are new to the U.S. educational system and planning to pursue a Bachelor's degree, we strongly advise that you take Counseling 5, Introduction to College. The class is transferrable to the UC and CSU system. The cost is $338 and sign up for class is during orientation on a first come, first serve basis.
September 17 - 21
Events and activities will be available.
English/English for Second Learners and Math tests will be administered during orientation. Please DO NOT schedule a placement test individually.