Transfer Admission Guaranteed
Would you like guaranteed admission to one of the following schools? Check the table below to see if you might qualify.
If you do, your first step is to attend a TAG Workshop. Keep in mind that the units have to be transferable and have to be completed before you apply for a TAG.
College and University TAG Requirements
To obtain detailed TAG requirements for each of the UCs below, click on the UC link
|School||Minimum # of Completed Units||Application Deadlines||Minimum GPA|
|University of California (UC)|
|UC Davis (TAG Info - PDF)||45||Fall Term Sept. 1–30||3.2 –3.3|
|UC Irvine||45||Fall Term Sept. 1–30||3.4|
|UC Merced||45||Fall Term Sept. 1–30||2.8 – 3.0|
|UC Riverside||45||Fall Term Sept. 1–30||3.0 – 3.5|
|UC Santa Barbara||45||Fall Term Sept. 1–30||3.2|
|UC Santa Cruz (TAG Info - PDF)||45||Fall Term Sept. 1–30||3.0|
|2017–2018 University of California Transfer Admission Guarantee Program Matrix (PDF)|
|California State University (CSU)|
|CSU Transfer Degrees||Visit the Transfer Center and see your counselor to obtain information on the Transfer Degree – A Degree with a Guarantee!|
|American University, Paris||36||Rolling Admissions||3.0|
|Arizona State University||36||April 1 for Fall||3.0|
|Cogswell College||45||Rolling Admissions||2.5|
|Notre Dame de Namur University||36||Rolling Admission||2.4|
|Palo Alto University||90||Rolling Admission||2.0|
|University of Pacific||90||Dec. 1 for Fall||3.0|
|Western Oregon University||36||Rolling Admission||2.25|
|Historically Black Colleges and Universities|
|Bennett College, NC||45||Rolling Admission||2.5|
|Dillard University, LA||45||Rolling Admission||2.5|
|Fisk University, TN||45||Rolling Admission||2.5|
|Lincoln University, Jefferson City, MO||45||Rolling Admission||2.5|
|Philander Smith College, AR||45||Rolling Admission||2.5|
|Stillman College, AL||45||Rolling Admission||2.5|
|Talladega College, AL||45||Rolling Admission||2.5|
|Tuskegee University, AL||45||Rolling Admission||2.5|
TAG Workshops will take place in August and September.
Please note the following:
- If you have any questions about your educational plan for next year regarding your TAG, make a counseling appointment as soon as possible.
- If you wait until September, you may find that no appointments are available!
- Educational plan questions (how to list your in progress and planned coursework for
the 2017/2018 academic year) will not be addressed in the workshops.
- You will just get information about deadlines, how to complete the application, and the timeline of actions after submission of your TAG.
What is a Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG)?
A TAG is a written agreement between you, Foothill College and a specific 4-year college or university, which states that if you meet the requirements, you are admitted. The TAG helps you understand:
- The courses you must complete before transferring
- The minimum GPA you must earn
- The number of units required to transfer
- The specific requirements for high-demand majors
If You Complete a TAG
If you complete a Transfer Admission Agreement (TAG), you’ll be given first consideration for admission to selected colleges and universities. You must complete agreed-upon general education courses, and courses in your major, with a specified minimum GPA. Work with your counselor to prepare the TAG, which outlines course requirements completed and planned. The TAG should be prepared before transfer. The TAG ensures acceptance and smooth transfer to your chosen college or university. Visit the Transfer Center, for TAG timeline information.
Sign up for a TAG workshop this summer! Get your questions answered.
Steps to completing a TAG
- Have all non-Foothill/De Anza transcripts evaluated by a counselor to determine transfer credit.
- Sign up and attend a TAG workshop (optional) in the Transfer Center (bring unofficial copies of all your college transcripts).
- Schedule an appointment with a counselor to complete TAG form.
- Receive response regarding admission two to four weeks after deadline.
Through the Foothill College Honors Institute, we offer priority admissions to UCLA for domestic and international students who meet certain criteria through the university's Transfer Alliance Program. For more information, visit International Student Programs.