From President Nguyen
Update About the Coronavirus
Feb. 28, 2020
As I am sure you are aware, the outbreak of Coronavirus (Covid-19) has now spread. While the authorities are taking this situation seriously, the current messaging from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Santa Clara Public Health Agency emphasizes that the risk to the general public in the United States is still low.
Foothill College wants to keep everyone safe and healthy, so we would like to remind you to please observe basic health and safety procedures to minimize your risk of contracting Covid-19 (or any flu):
- wash your hands with soap on a regular basis (scrub for 20 seconds) and use hand sanitizer whenever it is available - perhaps, keep a small container with you to sanitize throughout the day
- cough or sneeze into a paper tissue or the crook of your arm - dispose of the tissue immediately
- avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth
- avoid close contact with people who are sick
- keep surfaces in your home and work place sanitized (wipe on a daily basis with a sanitizing cleaner)
- if you do present flu-like symptoms (fever, cough, sore throat) consult your health-care professional immediately and stay home (please do not go to work or come to school until you have been seen by a physician)
Please do not hesitate to reach out to our Health Services Office if you have any questions about your health.
The likelihood of contracting the Covid-19 Coronavirus is low, but please take simple precautions to protect yourself and those around you. Please let us know how we can support you.
Opening Day 2017 Presentation (43 MB, 49 pages)
Please Contact Us!
Thuy Thi Nguyen, J.D.
Administration Building 1900