Student Employment Opportunities
Minimum Requirements for Student Employment
Students are limited to working a maximum of 19 hours per week. This limit applies whether school is in session or not. All student employee positions end on, or before, June 30th of the academic year in which they begin. For a job to continue beyond June 30th, a new job assignment card must be completed in advance.
To be eligible for student employment, a student must have:
- Social Security card and valid photo I.D.
Note for International students: assistance in obtaining a Social Security number will be provided.
- Fewer than 150 attempted units at Foothill and De Anza Colleges combined;
- Cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.0; and
- Quarterly GPA of at least 2.0 in their most recent quarter*
* Once a student drops below a 2.0 quarterly GPA, they will not be eligible to work until they receive at least a 2.0 quarterly GPA in a quarter in which they complete at least 6 units.
- Fingerprinting required
Additionally, Foothill College must be a student's primary school and they must be pursuing an academic goal at Foothill College.
Each quarter of employment, students must be enrolled at Foothill in:
- 12, or more, minimum units
- 6, or more, minimum units if student is hired through CalWorks or Federal Work Study
- To work summer quarters, students must either
(a) be enrolled in at least 6 units Summer Quarter, or
(b) have earned at least 12.0 units Spring Quarter and be continuing their Spring employment.
- Employment during any other quarter break requires 12.0 earned units during the quarter
preceding the break (6.0 units for Cal WORKS).
See On-Campus Employment for additional information.
I have read these requirements before applying and understand that meeting these requirements is not a guarantee of employment. I also understand that references will be checked.
We're Here to Help!
ASFC Welcome Center
Campus Center Upper Level Room 2016