About the Program
The mission of the Puente Project is to increase the number of educationally underserved students who enroll in four-year colleges and universities, earn degrees, and return to the community as leaders and mentors to future generations. Puente is open to all interested students.
- Enroll in English classes with a focus on Latino culture, history and experience
- Take classes together for a supportive and stimulating environment
- Work with a counselor to explore career options and develop academic goals
- Receive professional mentorship
- Participate in service learning for college credit
- Visit colleges and attend conferences and cultural events
For More Information
If you have questions about the program or want to become a mentor, please contact Voltaire Villaneuva, our Counseling Division Puente counselor.
Puente is co-sponsored by the California Community Colleges and the University of