Foothill College Promise
Get two years free tuition
First-time, full-time students — apply for Foothill College Promise.
Experience the smarter choice of a great quality education at no cost to you!
First-time, full-time students (12 units or more**) are eligible to have the cost of tuition and fees fully paid for their first two years at Foothill College, except for summer session.
The program covers tuition and fees in the fall, winter, and spring quarters only. It is not applicable for summer-session classes.
And it doesn't stop there!
- Any number of units more than 12 per quarter will be covered during eligible terms during the two years at Foothill. That can add up to some extra savings.
Effective fall 2020
- You will NOT lose eligibility for subsequent quarters if you do not meet the full-time criteria for a term within your two-year eligibility period.
- However, if you do not enroll full-time for a quarter, you will NOT receive the Foothill Promise benefits for that quarter.
Effective fall 2021
The program covers required textbooks for Foothill Promise students who also meet one of the following criteria:
- Qualified for the 2020-21 Foothill Promise program as a first-year student; or
- Are a verified current or former foster youth; or
- Are a participant in EOPS (Extended Opportunity Program and Services)
- Are an active member of one of the following Foothill Learning Communities:
For tutoring, counseling and other support services, visit Student Services.
Get Started Today
Apply for Fall Admission
Our fall application is open now. Registration begins in July.
Review Requirements to Receive College Promise
- Never attended college (summer enrollments and high school dual enrollments are NOT disqualifying); and
- Enroll in 12 units* (full-time status) during Fall, Winter and Spring quarters. *Students with disabilities who are approved for a reduced course load by the Disability Resource Center and take at least 6 units are eligible for Foothill College Promise; and
- Qualify for in-state tuition rates, including via the AB 540 Nonresident Tuition Fee Exemption; and
- Fill out a FAFSA or CA Dream Act Application (students do not have to qualify for aid to be eligible). IMPORTANT: You must renew your financial aid application for each new academic year.
Fill out a 2021-2022 FAFSA or Dream Act Application
It takes less than 30 minutes to apply, and even less with the new FAFSA mobile app!
Explore Your Options
We have many great resources at Foothill to help you succeed. Check out these programs.
- Learning Communities to help you connect with a supportive network of students, instructors and counselors. When you join some learning communities, College Promise will pay for your textbooks!
- Honors Institute — learn about our UCLA Transfer Alliance Program
- Transfer Center — to guide you in reaching your academic goals beyond Foothill!
We Invite All Students to Join Us
We encourage all underrepresented students to apply for admission to Foothill College, including undocumented students, veterans and AVID students.
**Students with disabilities taking a reduced load of at least 6 units are eligible for the Foothill College Promise.
- Check the Foothill College Promise FAQs for additional information
Note: Foothill College Promise awards are funded by the State of California and the amount granted is subject to change.
Apply for Financial Aid Browse Degrees & Certificates
We're Here to Help!
Financial Aid Office
Building 8100, Room 8101
Follow Us on Instagram
Academic Dates & Deadlines