Veterans Resource Center
Getting Started at the VRC
Visit Our Virtual Office Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m.–4 p.m.
GI BILL BENEFIT User
Review Spring 2021 Course list linked below, prior to registration:
VRC BOOK VOUCHER REQUESTS
Veterans Book Voucher request link for Spring 2021. Vouchers are available after March 5, 2021.
The Veteran Resource Center is a great spot to get what you need. Some days you need to print out a course syllabus get a snack or check in with your education plan with a counselor. Other days you might need to check out a textbook, get a book voucher, or get another snack. After a long road back to a full time student course load, I find myself returning to the VRC just to get a nice kick in the motivation seat. Keeps me laughing and studying.
Foothill VRC Mission
We aim to create a supportive environment that enables the success of our veterans through academics, wellness, and camaraderie. We provide support services for student veterans, military service members, and or their dependents. We are committed to supporting you in acheiving academic success, professional growth, and meaningful employment.
C.A.R.E is our Motto
We promote camaradarie, the Advancement of our students, offer Resources and Empower you to be your best selves (We CARE).
Spring 2021 Updates
Due to COVID-19, all Foothill College courses will remain virtual or fully on-line in spring 2021. The Foothill VRC office will remain closed, but can be accessed through Virtual Office and Phone hours. See our hours below.
Our Virtual Office Hours
Need to see a Veterans Resource Center Academic Counselor for drop-in or an appointment? Do you have questions in general about Veterans Resource Center services? Access VRC virtual office hours and meet a live staff member to assist you.
Monday: 8 a.m.–4 p.m.
Tuesday: 8 a.m.–4 p.m.
Wednesday: 8 a.m.–4 p.m.
Thursday: 8 a.m.–4 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m.–Noon
To Access: VRC Virtual Office Zoom Access
Foothill Veterans Resource Center is still in operation and will assist students virtually. Whether you need to schedule an Academic Counseling appointment, or have a question about processing VA Educational Benefits, join us in the Zoom Virtual Office during the hours listed above, or fill out this form if oustide business hours, and VRC will be in contact with you shortly.
Want to go to Yale University?
Want to learn about other scholarship opportunities?
Send us a message through our 'Start Here' form (also linked at the top of this webpage), and let us know that you are interested in learning about the community of support waiting to assist you in making your educational dreams come true. For example, check out the $1,500 Foothill Friends of American Veterans Scholarship below!
The H&P Veterans helping Veterans Scholarships
Hill and Ponton are proud to give back to our nation’s veterans and are now offering four $1,000 scholarships to help veterans further their education and enter a career field that would, in turn, help other veterans.
Application Deadline: May 1st and November 1st
How to Apply:
- Applicants must be veterans of the armed forces and must plan to use their education to help fellow veterans
- Applicants must provide their personal information and a statement of 300 words or fewer on how the applicant plans to use his or her education toward helping veterans
- We verify service and character of discharge with a DD-214
- Scholarships will be paid directly to the school (Applicant’s should have attended/or already be attending school)
Terms and Conditions:
The Hill & Ponton P.A. Veterans Scholarship Award will be in the form of a check made payable to the accredited post-secondary institution attended by the Scholarship Prize Recipient. Scholarship funds may be used for any education-related expense. Scholarship winners will be notified via email and are required to submit a photo for publicity purposes within 2 weeks of notification, otherwise the award is forfeited. Scholarship winners are required to notify their financial aid office of the award. Taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of Scholarship Prize Recipients. Scholarships are non-renewable.
Except where prohibited by law, by accepting a Scholarship Prize, the Hill & Ponton, P.A. Scholarship recipients agree that Hill & Ponton, P.A. may, without any limitation or further compensation or notice, use his or her name, and/or likeness in any and all media, worldwide, for the purpose of advertising and promoting Hill & Ponton, P.A. and the Scholarship Program.
For more information and to apply, click on the “Visit” button.
- $1,000 (4 awards available)
Foothill Friends of American Veterans Scholarship
***Deadline extended to March 15th***
Are you an Honorably Discharged veteran with at least a 2.0 GPA, a minimum of nine credits at Foothill College already completed, who is scheduled for at least nine credits in the Spring? Foothill College is highly motivated to give out FOUR scholarships worth $1,500 each...so far nobody has applied, and the deadline has been pushed back to March 15th...what is stopping you from applying right now? All you need is one letter of recommendation from a Foothill College faculty member, and you can start the process by following the steps below!
Apply through your MyPortal account:
1) Log in to your student portal.
2) Click on "Apps" on the left-hand side of the page.
3) Click on the AcademicWorks app.
4) If needed, click on the "Sign In" button in the upper right-hand corner.
5) If needed, click on the "Sign In" With Your Institution" button.
6) If this is your first time logging in to AcademicWorks, you will automatically be redirected to the general application page. If you've logged in to AcademicWorks before, though, click on the My Applications tab and then on the General Application box to, if needed, return to your general application to complete it or make updates.
7) Once you've filled out the general application, click on the "Finish and Submit" button. *Note: You can always go back and make changes to your general application up until the deadline for a scholarship.
8) Under the Opportunities tab, click on "Ours".
9) Click on the name of the scholarship ("Foothill Friends of American Veterans Scholarships").
10) Review the details of the scholarship posting. If you meet the minimum qualifications for the scholarship click on the "Apply" button at the bottom of the page.
11) Complete the supplemental questions.
12) Click on the "Finish and Submit" button at the bottom of the page.
Teaching and Learning Center: Provides help with writing your scholarship essay.
Scholarship Application Checklist: Provides step-by-step instructions to guide you through the application process
Tips for writing "My Story" Essay: Provides tips and a breakdown of the “My Story” essay prompt, that is part of the general application.
FA TV Scholarship Video Links
Financial Aid Department Contact Info:
Related Campus Services
- Financial Aid
- Psychological Services
- Food Pantry
- Housing Insecurity
- More Student Services
- Refurbished Computer Grant