Program for Readiness and Exploration in STEM
The Program for Readiness and Exploration in STEM (PRE-STEM) is a learning community at Foothill College focused on increasing the persistence and retention of students, especially from underrepresented groups, in STEM fields. The program goals are for you to
- Explore STEM fields to get a better idea of what you want to major in.
- Explore careers in STEM fields that you might want to pursue.
- Be in a supportive learning environment, taking English and math classes together and participating in regular cohort sessions.
- Understand how STEM disciplines are connected to social issues and social impact.
- Successfully major in a STEM field and transfer to a four-year institution.
PRE-STEM is becoming MESA in fall 2023. Therefore, we are no longer accepting new students into PRE-STEM. Please check out MESA to see if you are interested in and eligible!
STEM Resources & Opportunities
Sign up to receive emails about internships, scholarships, conferences, and other opportunities for students in STEM.
I'm Here to Help!
Sophia Kim, SLI Director
Bldg 4400, Office 4408