Bachelor of Science Degree in Dental Hygiene
Completion Track Program Begins Spring 2018
|Program: Dental Hygiene BS Degree Completion Program
Number Accepted: 80
Application Due: Feb. 21, 2018
Prerequisites: See completion track requirements
Approx. Cost of Program: $4000 (excludes additional costs for textbooks)
Dental Hygiene Program Application Night
For Completion Track Program All — Meet faculty and students to learn about our program and the application process.
Please bring $3.00 for a parking permit if you are not currently taking classes at Foothill this quarter.
The bachelor’s completion degree program will broaden your educational experiences if you are a licensed dental hygienists (RDH or RDHAP) who has graduated from an accredited two-year community college dental hygiene program.
Our completion track program provides an in-depth curriculum, including, but not limited to: developing a capstone project, and developing skills in critical thinking, writing, communication, cultural sensitivity, conducting research, and reporting.
The dental hygiene degree completion program will expand professional opportunities beyond the private dental office and promote career advancement in management, education, public health and research.
The program will prepare working dental hygienists to interact effectively with other health professionals in a competent, collaborative, and ethical manner.
The BS-DH degree will require completion of a minimum of 189 quarter units (125 semester units), including general education course work in alignment with CSU or IGETC pattern general education.
- Graduation from an accredited dental hygiene program
- Minimum cumulative college GPA 2.75
- Licensed in good standing as a Registered Dental Hygienist
- Completion of CSU General Education Breadth Requirements or the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC)
How to Apply
Completion of the pre-program courses and general education do not guarantee admission to program. Applicants are required to submit a one-page purpose statement and successfully complete an interview process.
Download the Application PDF
BS-DH Degree Completion Courses
Upper Division GE Courses
- IDS 300- Research Methods, Statistics & Critical Thinking for Health Professions (5 units)
- HLTH 300: Healthcare across the lifespan (5 units)
- BIO 300 (5 units)
- DH 350 A: Dental Hygiene Research and Capstone course I (5 units)
- DH 350 B: Dental Hygiene Research and Capstone course II (5 units)
- DH 350 C: Dental Hygiene Research and Capstone course III (5 units)
- DH 352: Health Communication & Multicultural Issues (5 units)
- DH 354: DH Healthcare Management (5 units)
- DH 356: Education theory, Practice and Administration (5 units)
- IDS 300 must be taken prior to enrolling in DH350A in Fall.
- DH 350A, DH 350B, and DH 350C must be taken in sequential order in three consecutive quarters. DH350A will be offered only in Fall quarter.
- Tentatively, except for the DH350 series, all the other courses will be offered twice a year. The students will be given the information in advance.