Heritage & Health Series Program
Celebrating Cultural Diversity
At Foothill College, we celebrate our rich campus diversity through a series of heritage month festivities from October to June.
All students, faculty and staff are invited to participate.
Activities range from informative to fun, including:
- art exhibits and literature events
- guest speakers and panel discussions
- live entertainment and theatre performances
- film screenings and hot-topic workshops
Odds are you'll be treated to a tasty meal, too! Just make sure to bring your OwlCard!
Join a Planning Committee
Each set of Heritage Month events are planned by different committees, which are comprised of students, faculty, staff and community members who wish to participate.
Students chair our heritage month planning committees, which meet to organize exciting events for the education, empowerment and entertainment of the campus and community.
- Students who serve as committee chairs are eligible to earn 1 unit and documentation that can be used on a resume.
- Faculty and staff can earn PAA/PGA credit.
The Student Activities Office assists with the logistics of budgeting, planning, marketing and hosting heritage month celebrations.
Check out this and last year's heritage celebrations by month to get an idea what is offer.
We welcome your perspective for new ideas! To learn more about joining a committee, contact Bianca Rodriguez at email@example.com.
We're Here to Help!
Heritage Month Planning
Campus Center, Room 2008