Faculty and staff are invited to register for the online Canvas Certification course that is designed to help you master and demonstrate the basic skills needed to use the Canvas course management system.
Upon successful completion of the Canvas Certification course, you will:
- receive "Canvas Certification"
- become eligible to request Canvas sites for your own courses or projects.
Faculty must have "Canvas Certification" in order to use Canvas for scheduled classes at Foothill College. In order to receive "Canvas Certification" from Foothill College, you need to do at least ONE of the following:
- Complete "Canvas Certification" online training provided by Foothill College
- Document your prior experience with Canvas (e.g., formal Canvas training from @ONE; teaching with Canvas)
Get trained to use Canvas
The course is self-paced so you can start and finish whenever you are ready.
- Takes most people about 4 - 6 hours to complete
- Log in at your convenience
Sign up for Canvas CertificationAfter you register you will be given access to Canvas where you will be enrolled in two courses,
- Canvas Certification - You will learn about Canvas, take quizzes, and do assignments.
- Practice site - You will build a Canvas course based on the assignments in Canvas Certification.
- Introduction to Canvas
- Organizing your course
- Communicating with students
- Assessing student work
- Managing the Gradebook
Make an appointment with online learning staff for one-on-one help to supplement the online training. If you hit a roadblock, please contact us right away.
We're Here to Help!