About the Program
Umoja, a Kiswahili word meaning unity, is a year-long learning community dedicated to enhancing the cultural and educational experiences of African American and other students.
We actively serve and promote student success through a curriculum focused on the legacy of the African and African American diasporas.
- College tours
- Various faculty and peer tutoring options
- Culturally relevant field trips
- Student regional and national conferences
- Book vouchers and school supplies
- A dedicated academic counselor
- A faculty or staff mentor
Umoja students benefit from
- A tight-knit campuswide community
- Comprehensive student support programs
- On and off-campus enrichment activities, including university visits and conferences
- A safe place to discuss the real issues that affect students and the broader community
The Proof is in the Faces
See photos of Umoja students throughout the years.
We're Here to Help!
Counseling Center, Building 8300 Room 8302
Dr. Tiffany Rideaux,