Overview for Faculty
Managing Accommodated Testing
Use your Faculty Clockwork Portlet in MyPortal to view and approve student accommodation letters, view and approve student appointments, upload exams and designate exam rules so that the Testing & Assessment Center can proctor your exams correctly and responsibly.
Faculty are responsible for submitting exam and exam rules to the Testing Center by 10:00am of the business day prior to a student's testing appointment.
If you do not approve student accommodation letters, you will not be able to view or approve student appointments.
Contact DRC Supervisor San Lu for assistance at email@example.com.
Students cannot take an exam in the Testing & Assessment Center without Clockwork approval from the instructor.
Clockwork User Guides
- Accommodated Testing Video
- Accommodated Testing New Faculty Presentation
- Staff/Faculty Clockwork User Guide 2.0 (extended version)
- Faculty Best Practices
Accommodated Testing Policies
Effective Winter 2017, Foothill College will follow the updated policies as described here:
Fifteen Minute Grace Period
- Because assessment specialists must meet with each student prior to proctoring an exam, a delay in starting time may occur. Therefore, an accommodated test student is allowed to start fifteen minutes within the originally scheduled appointment time.
- Assessment specialists will do their best to adhere to the scheduled appointment times.
Two Minute Set-Up Period
- After an assessment specialist meets with the student to review the exam parameters, students are given two minutes to find a seat in the testing room, get settled, and start their exam.
Completed Test Delivery
At the request of the instructor, the Testing & Assessment Center will deliver completed exams by email or the instructor can pick up the exams in person.
The Testing & Assessment Center is open for exam pick up. See hours.
- Test delivery by email may take up to 48 hours, especially during midterms and finals week.
Contact the Testing & Assessment Center at 650.949.7743 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance to:
- Obtain a receipt of exam submission
- Make urgent changes to already printed/delivered exam
Contact the Disability Resource Center (DRC) at 650-949-7017 or email San Lu for assistance to:
- Request/Confirm student accommodations
- Ask for technical help with Clockworks