Sign Up for Emergency Notification
Free ENS is Your On-Campus Emergency Alert Service
ENS is capable of rapidly sending voice, e-mail and text* messages to all faculty, staff and students.
Add or Update Your Contact Information
- Log in to your myportal.fhda.edu account
- Follow instructions listed in the Set Up Emergency Notification section on the Home Tab.
Note: Be certain that your contact information is complete and accurate. The contact information used by the ENS service is drawn from the Foothill-De Anza employment record database as well as data provided by students who opt in to the service.
When and How Will You Be Notified
In the event of an emergency, including a power outage, campus closure or other urgent situation, we can notify students and employees via text message.
- During critical situations, Foothill-De Anza officials use the ENS service to provide emergency details and information on the appropriate response to all students and employees.
- Emergency messages will be sent via e-mail and to all phone numbers that you have signed up for the free ENS service, and can include your work, home, cell and text.
- The Foothill-De Anza ENS service will not be used for any purposes other than FHDA emergency communications and system testing.
Mobile Text Charges
Be aware that mobile phone carriers require recipients of text messages to opt in to the Foothill-De Anza ENS service via their mobile phones.
*Your mobile phone carrier may assess charges for receiving text messages, and you are responsible for paying them. Please contact your carrier for more information.