Try an Honors Course Program
For students who have not yet met our minimum eligibility requirements, we offer the “Try An Honors Course” program.
- The trial program allows students to try one of our honors courses while still making progress towards the official, Honors Institute program requirements.
- Many Honors Scholars begin through the “Try An Honors Course” path!
Requirements for Trial Program
To qualify for the trial program, students must satisfy both of the following requirements:
1. Academic Performance
- For continuing Foothill College students, demonstrate a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA
in 10 or more units completed at Foothill College
- For new students to Foothill, please provide transcripts (unofficial is fine) for
one of the following:
- Minimum 3.5 (unweighted) cumulative high school GPA; or,
- Minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA in 10 or more units at another accredited college or university.
2. Writing ProficiencyHonors courses typically require more writing than non-honors courses. Students are required to demonstrate the potential for successful completion of honors courses by providing evidence of one of the following:
- Foothill English Assessment Test results indicating eligibility for Honors ENGL 1AH; or,
- Completion of ENGL 1A or ENGL 1S & 1T or ESLL 26 or equivalent with a grade B or better.