Cherry Blossoms

Prospective International Students

Other Visas

Information for Non F-1 Visa Holders, Permanent Residents, Overseas US or Dual Citizens

When are you considered an international student?

The International Student Programs Office is dedicated to supporting international students on F-1 visas. For application purposes, international students at Foothill College are defined as students who hold or will apply for an F-1 student visa.

You are considered a non F-1 visa international student if you:

  • Are permanent resident (holding a green card)
  • Are a U.S. citizen or a dual citizen
  • Hold a visa other than F-1 (and you are not planning to change your status to F-1)

To apply to Foothill College, please visit our college Admissions & Records to complete OpenCCC,  a statewide application system sponsored by the California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office.

Do NOT apply through the International Student Office. Our Community Ambassador Program office organizes new student information sessions for overseas U.S. Citizens, permanent residents and non-F-1 visa holders.

  • These information sessions are offered on a limited basis.
  • You must apply through the domestic student application process. This is true even if your academic records are from another country, your native language is not English and you have lived abroad most of your life.
  • We are happy to give you some general guidance and direct you to the right resources so that your admission to Foothill is smooth and successful.

 For US citizens living overseas, please visit Community Ambassador Program and contact Josh Pelleteir at 650.949.7445 or pelleteirjosh@foothill.eduFor residency determination, please contact Ouida Mathis at 650.949.7517 or

Admissions Procedure for Non F-1 Students

Follow the enrollment steps for online application in Admission & Records. This includes information on application deadlines, tuition and fees, and important registration information. Please note that once your application is complete,  you will receive an e-mail correspondence from our local Admissions & Records office, not from the International Students office. 

SAT, ACT and AP (Advanced Placement) courses are not required for admission. 

Academic Credit

If you completed a 13th year, AP courses or an IB program in an overseas high school, the determination of advanced credit will be done on a case-by-case basis during your private appointment with an academic counselor. You should bring with you additional documentation such as official transcripts, exam results, course catalog if available, etc. If you are interested in receiving credit for courses you have taken in a college or a university overseas, visit the Foreign Transcripts section.


ph default text

We're Here to Help!

International Student Programs Office


Administration Building 1900 Room 1933

Connect with us on social media!

Facebook logoInstagram LogoYouTube Logo