Cherry Blossoms

Prospective Students

Other Visas

Information For Non-F1 Visa Holders, Permanent Residents, Overseas US or Dual Citizens

When Are You Considered An International Student?

The International Student Office is dedicated to supporting students on F-1 visas. For application purposes, international students at Foothill College are students who hold or will apply for an F-1 student visa.

If you are:

  • A permanent resident (hold a green card)
  • A U.S. citizen or a dual citizen
  • In the United States holding a visa other than F-1 and you are not planning to change your status to F-1.

Do NOT apply through the International Student Office.

Our Community Ambassador Program office organizes new student information sessions for overseas U.S. Citizens, permanent residents and non-F-1 visa holders.

  • These information sessions are offered on a limited basis.
  • You must apply through the domestic student application process. This is true even if your academic records are from another country, your native language is not English and you have lived abroad most of your life.
  • We are happy to give you some general guidance and direct you to the right resources so that your admission to Foothill is smooth and successful.

For information, call or e-mail Antoinette Chavez at 650.949-7813 or

Admissions Procedure for Non-F-1 Students

Follow the enrollment steps on the Apply and Register section of our website.

This page includes information on application deadlines, tuition and fees, and important registration information.

Please note that once your application has been accepted, you will not receive an official acceptance letter: you will receive an email confirming your admission to Foothill.

SAT, ACT and AP (Advanced Placement) courses are not required for admission to Foothill.

Academic Credit

If you completed a 13th year, AP courses or an IB program in an overseas high school, the determination of advanced credit will be done on a case-by-case basis during your private appointment with an academic counselor. You should bring with you additional documentation such as official transcripts, exam results, course catalog if available, etc.

If you are interested in receiving credit for courses you have taken in a college or a university overseas, visit the Foreign Transcripts section.








ph default text

We're Here to Help!


Administration Building 1900 Room 1933

Overseas Applicant Deadlines


Fall Quarter


Winter Quarter


Spring Quarter

Connect with Us

Follow and share with Foothill International Students on social media.

Facebook logoInstagram LogoYouTube Logo



Looking for a late-start class?

View our late-start classes

Alert Toggle: Looking for a late-start class?