Online Degrees & Certificates
Online Degrees and Certificates
Online learning is growing and expanding to more fields. Read this Palo Alto Online news article to find out how a Foothill grad earned his degree online enabling him to transfer to Berkeley to complete his Bachelor's degree.
Students can earn the following degrees and certificates by completing fully online courses.
Click on the name of a degree below to view the list of classes offered online that can count toward that degree.
Courses that can count toward degree
AA and AS Transfer Degrees
Note that this list does not include courses that are only held on campus. For a complete list of degree requirements, please visit Degree, Certificate or Transfer Programs.
Please contact division offices for details about which fully online courses can be used to meet Certificate requirements.
Certificate of Achievement
- Accounting (53 Units)
- Art History (48 Units)
- CPA Examination Preparation (40 Units)
- Digital Photography (30 Units)
- Game Audio (36 Units)
- Graphic & Interactive Design (58 Units)
- Humanities (20 Units)
- Instructional Design and Technology (27 Units)
- Music History and Literature (25 Units)
- Music Technology (52 Units)
- Pro Tools (32 Units)
- Transfer Studies -- CSU GE (52 Units)
- Transfer Studies -- IGETC (48 Units)
Career Certificate [Non-Transcriptable]
- Business Management (22-24 Units)
- Financial Accounting (25 Units)
- Financial Literacy (18 Units)
- Online Veterinary Assisting (12.5 Units)
- Tax Accounting (27 Units)
- Web Design and Development (24 Units)
Certificate of Proficiency [Non-Transcriptable]
- Audio Post Production (16 Units)
- Bookkeeping Specialist (17 Units)
- Communication Studies (15 Units)
- Electronic Music (16 Units)
- Enrolled Agent Preparation (18 Units)
- Game Audio (20 Units)
- Medical Anthropology (16-17 Units)
- Music Business (16 Units)
- Nanocharacterization (15 Units)
- Payroll Preparation (9 Units)
- Popular Culture (16-17 Units)
- Songwriting (20 Units)
- Tax Specialist (14 Units)
Certificate of Specialization [Non-Transcriptable]
- Communications Studies (20 Units)
- Game Design (12 Units)
- Graphic Design (12 Units)
- Illustration (12 Units
- Photo Criticism (12 Units)
Full Program Curriculum descriptions are published in the Foothill Online College Course Catalog.
Program Curriculum Information sheets provide the Program Title and Description as well as Career Opportunities, Units required for Major and Units required for Certificate. Additional information can include; Associate Degree Requirements, Program Type(s), Core Course titles and units, Elective Course titles and units, Certificate information titles and units, Academic Year, and Program Status.