Research & Service Leadership Symposium
A committee of Foothill faculty and staff from diverse academic disciplines and roles will select the presenters.
Here is the process that they will follow:
- A packet consisting of all the proposal content (title, abstract, methodology, resources) but without any identifying or demographic information is sent to each reader.
- Each reader reviews every proposal independently and ranks it "yes", "no" or "maybe." In addition, if the proposal falls into the reader's academic discipline, s/he carefully reviews and checks the references to be sure they are of high quality.
- The committee comes together in person, and discusses every proposal. Any proposal which received unanimous yes's is automatically accepted. Similarly, any proposal which received unanimous no's is rejected.
- The committee will then discuss proposals which had split decisions and/or a lot of maybes and aim for consensus about which remaining proposals will be selected.
- Committee members recuse themselves from the discussion as necessary should they recognize a proposal which came from one of their students.
A small cash prize of $100 will be awarded to the 5 highest quality/most impactful projects. Winners will be selected based on the submitted application materials.