Please review minimum requirements for applying to the Veterinary Technology program.
- Cumulative college grade point average of 2.0 or higher.
- All science prerequisite coursework must have a minimum grade point average of 2.5 (BIOL 10, BIOL 41, CHEM 30A).
- High school graduation or a valid GED.
- VT 51 (Introduction to Veterinary Technology) with a grade of “C” or higher; must be completed at the time of application (no later than winter quarter prior to application.)
- MATH 105 (Intermediate Algebra), or MATH 180 (Quantitative Reasoning) or equivalent college level course with a “C” or higher. If MATH proficiency is determined via placement test, test results must be included with your application.
- ENGL 1A, or 1H, or 1S & 1T or equivalent
- BIOL 10 (General Biology) or equivalent
- BIOL 41 (Microbiology) or equivalent
- CHEM 30A (Survey of Inorganic & Organic Chemistry) or CHEM 25 or equivalent
In addition to the above requirements, a valid Adult CPR certificate is required at time of graduation.