The Physics Show
The Physics Show is an educational and interactive event founded in 2007 by Frank Cascarano and David Marasco two Foothill physics instructors. Magic meets physics meets entertainment, making physics fun and approachable for children of all ages.
More about the Physics Show
The Physics Show is a great event at Foothill College. It brings in local students of all backgrounds; and in fact, a number of the shows are dedicated to bringing in students from low-income, Title I schools. Many of these schools would not go on a field trip this year if it wasn't for this opportunity. Frank and David have raised money through the years to pay for buses, put on The Physics Show, give the kids a tour of our beautiful campus, and give the kids a free t-shirt.
How Can Foothill Students Help Out?
The Physics Show needs your help to give campus tours, assist with hands-on activities, and inspire young students to want to attend college.
This is a paid opportunity - $15 per hour. Anyone can help, no special skills required. However, you must have a social security number (SSN) to get paid. If you do not have a SSN and would like one, arrangements are made for you to get one so you can work this event.
The Physics Show will run right before school starts in the fall:
- Tuesday, September 12, 2023
- Wednesday, September 13, 2023
- Thursday, September 14, 2023
Help is needed for these days and times:
- Mon 9/11 (set up and training) - 9:00 am – noon (about 3 hours)
- Tue 9/12 – 9:00 am - 2:00 pm (about 5 hours)
- Wed 9/13 - 9:00 am - 2:00 pm (about 5 hours)
- Thur 9/14- 9:00 am - 2:00 pm (about 5 hours)
You do not have to work the entire time and you will get paid for whatever days/ times you work.
Volunteers are also welcome!
The Physics Show will also be happening in December, right after exams and again in early April, during Foothill's spring break. So if you can't get involved now, consider joining in the future!
In order to get hired, you will need to provide information and then you will need to fill out paperwork and get a background check to get hired as a temporary employee at Foothill. Information required will include:
- your name
- your CWID
- a description of your campus employment situation (whether you've worked on campus or not)
- information about your financial aid status (if applicable)
- information about your current academic enrollment