Featured Winter Courses
Just Added — New Class for Winter!
BUSI 12 Introduction to Data Analytics & Business Decisions CRN 32082
This course is an introduction to the exciting world of data analytics and data science and its use in business and decision making, addressing a wide range of topics including:
Foothill has a variety of fall classes still open to fit your needs and interests.
Most start the week of Jan. 6.
Core & GE Courses
- ANTH 15 Medical Anthropology — Methods & Practices
CRN 31642 — MW 10–11:50 a.m., Instructor John Wolf
This is a great class for students who plan to or already work in the allied health and medical fields. Investigate global, cross-cultural and local issues related to health, sickness, healing, epidemiology, aging and dying from an applied and biocultural perspective, using anthropological theory and ethnographic fieldwork methods.
Art and Graphic & Interactive Design
We offer a variety of art-related courses to fit your schedule, including evenings, weekends and online. Check out these classes with seats available for fall.
- ART 2E A History of Women in Art
CRN 30550 — ONLINE, Instructor Robbie Reid
- ART 45B Beginning Ceramics Potter's Wheel
CRN 31147 — F Noon-5:50 p.m., Instructor Andrew Ruble
- GID 44A Fundamentals of 3-D Animation
CRN 31822 — TTH 1:30-4:20 p.m., Instructor Jordan Fong
- GID 49 Game Art & Design
CRN 31824 — ONLINE, Instructor Jordan Fong
- GID 53A Beginning T-Shirt Design & Garment Printing
CRN 31825 — MW 6-8:30 p.m., Instructor Eric Kneeland
- BUSI 57 Principle of Advertising CRN 31212
ONLINE, Instructor Natasha Mancuso
Introduction to the relationship between advertising and society, and consumer and business. Analysis of markets and direction of advertising campaigns toward them. This course is part of a new Digital Marketin Certificate, available 2020-2021. Get started now with this course. Learn more about the program
- BUSI 96 Entrepreneurship CRN 31644
T 6–8:50 p.m., Instructor Mike Dorsey
The class is an introduction to business and entrepreneurship, with many guest speakers who have either built companies or who participate in the ecosystem of building companies, including those who finance young companies. Instructor Dorsey is a venture capitalist, investing in social purpose companies for 16 years, including Telsa, Solar City, Proterra, Pandora, Revolution Foods, CareDx, Amava, Shared-X and others. Prior to this, he was an investment banker to emerging growth companies for 20 years. If you've considered starting a business, this is the class for you!
- CNSL 72: Stress, Wellness & Coping CRN 30522
TTH 10 a.m.–11:15 a.m.
Explore and become familiar with symptoms of stress, depression, and anxietyorganizations and creating positive social change. Learn, practice, and understand effective coping strategies to promote self-awareness, personal wellness, and academic success.
- ENGR 10 Introduction to Engineering CRN 30805
TTH Lect: 1-2:50 p.m., Lab: 3-4:15 p.m
Learn about project management and design, insights from discussions on ethics and environmental impact, and skills in written and oral technical communication.
Take an Online Course to fit your schedule!
- ENGL 5 LGBT Literature CRN 31668
- ENGL 17 Introduction to Shakespeare CRN 30863
- ENGL 22 Women Writers CRN 31669
- ENGL 24 Unmasking Comics: The Dawn of the Graphic Novel CRN 31671
English as a Second Language
To meet our community needs, we offer non-credit (no fee) and for-credit ESL classes.
- HUMN 8 Ex Machina: The Paradox of Being Human in the Digital Age CRN 31728
ONLINE., Instructor Tony Kashani
- MATH 10 Elementary Statistics - Sign Up for Extra Support with MPS
The MPS program provides a Math 10 course that can be used to complete your general education, transfer and associate degree requirements. Learn how to register for the MPS program.
- PHIL 8 Ethics CRN 31911 ONLINE, Instructor Brian Tapia
Take a PE Activity Class for Health & Wellness
- We offer everything from aquatic fitness to golf, yoga and pilates, weight training and other ways to be in condition for summer activities and much more.
- Our experienced instructors will help you get in shape and stay healthy.
- All classes are one unit and meet three hours each week.
- See class schedule for Physical Education
- See class schedule for Dance
- For more information, visit the Kinesiology website or call 650.949.7742
- SOSC 79 Introduction to Community & Civic Engagement
Starts 1/20–3/27. This 1-unit, self-paced course integrates a practical experience in leading service learning projects. The course allows students to balance action with critical reflection in service learning practice.
- SPAN 1 Elementary Spanish I CRN 30856 MW 10-11:50 a.m., F 10-10:50 a.m.
- SPAN 2 Elementary Spanish II CRN 30149 TTH 10 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
- SPAN 51 Spanish for Healthcare Workers CRN 31717 M 6-8:50 p.m.
Community Education Classes
Did you know you can sign up for a pool or gym membership at Foothill? Our Community Education Department also offers non-credit classes in aqua fitness, project management, continuing education in pesticide regulation, and more!
Academic Dates & Deadlines
Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday (college closed)
We're Here to Help!
Admissions and Records Office
Student Services Building 8100, Room 8101