Integrated Planning & Budget
Integrated Planning & Budget Process Overview
The IP&B Task Force meets every Tuesday from 1p.m.-2p.m. in President's Conference Room (Room 1901)
At Foothill College, an Integrated Planning and Budget (IP&B) process is crucial to maintaining mission-based instruction and student services.
As a part of this commitment, the governance structure is continually assessed and evaluated on how it integrates the core missions of Basic Skills, Transfer, Workforce, Student Equity and Stewardship of Resources into the decision making process.
To do this, the Office of Instruction and Institutional Research conducts a review of the process on an annual basis, and convenes a Task Force over the summer to assess where improvements can be made.
A new calendar was also developed for PaRC and will cover a 3-year cycle (see Annual Planning Calendar).
Resource allocation and resource redirection requests are made through the annual resource allocation process.
- All resource requests (personnel, B-budget, facilities, technology, equipment) are forwarded to and prioritized by the appropriate academic, administrative or student services division or by the subcommittee for prioritization of committee plans.
- All programs and services must first participate in the program review process that includes annual updates and summaries of program data.
- Program review and program review updates, Student Learning Outcomes and Assessment, and related supporting data will be reviewed as part of each resource request.
For further information on this process, see the Foothill College Governance Handbook.
The Integrated Planning and Budgeting Process (IP&B) Task Force was given a new charge at the end of the 2017-2018 year. PaRC has asked IP&B to focus on the following tasks:
Redesign of Program Review
Program Elimination for Budget Reduction
Develop a proposal to the new governance Council for determining program discontinuance necessary to meet targets for budget savings.
- The proposal may include criteria, the rationale for their inclusion, as well as suggestions for a process of review.
- The new governance Council may utilize the proposal as a foundation for its consideration or reject in part or in whole the proposal.
Please contact me!
IP&B Task Force