Our online application system accepts applications from October 1 through the March 1 deadline.
The Radiologic Technology program application does not accept in progress prerequisite
coursework. All prerequisites must be completed and grades must be demonstrated on
the transcripts prior to applying. All college transcripts must be submitted to admissions
and records by the application deadline.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- All college transcripts are required.
- Minimum cumulative college GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- College level Intermediate Algebra or equivalent completed with a grade of "C" or higher.
- CHEM 30A, or CHEM 25, or ANY college chemistry that includes a lab completed with a grade of "C" or higher.
- ENGL 1A, 1H, or ESL 26, completed with a grade of "C" or higher
- COMM 2 (Interpersonal Communication), completed with a grade "C" or higher. Only C-ID courses with equivalent content will be accepted.
- AHS 52 or ANY Medical Terminology of 3 quarter units or 2 semester units or more with a grade of "C" or higher. (AHS 200 can be used to meet this requirement.)
RT 200L - (Radiologic Technology As A Career) with a grade of "C" or better. If you live outside of a 50-mile radius to Foothill College, and cannot complete this course at Foothill, you must email Rachelle Campbell (CampbellRachelle@fhda.edu) to request the Petition for Bio/Health Pre-Application Assessment form, which is a petition for equivalency to use another course or required clinical hours. This applies ONLY to students living outside the 50-mile radius. Please provide ample time to be able to complete the alternative method to meet the RT200L requirement prior to the petition due date.Petitions, with all required attachments, for the 2024 application are due by December 1, 2023 by noon. The Petition deadlinefor the 2023 application has passed.
Summer RT200L class runs from 07/19/2023 - 9/6/2023 in Room 5610 on Wednesday 7/19, and 7/26, from 8:00-11:00am and Wednesday 8/2, 8/30 and 9/6 from 8:00 - 10:00am. Each student will be assigned one 3-hour lab session in Room 5305 on Thursday 7/27 between 8am-3pm and one 3-hour clinic visit to be assigned. Lab and clinic visits will be assigned the first week of class. All students will complete 18 hours of instruction. To complete the required clinical visitation, all course participants will need of present proof of Covid vaccination on the first day of class.
- BIOL 40A, 40B & 40C, or a semester of Anatomy and a semester of Physiology, must accumulate to a 2.5 GPA.
Note: For students who completed the Anatomy and Physiology prerequisite courses at Foothill College, with a "C" or better, but do not meet the 2.5 or higher GPA requirement, please read the following instructions:
- Students with a "C" or better in BIOL 40A, 40B and 40C or a semester each of Anatomy and Physiology who do not meet the minimum 2.5 GPA requirement need to take an additional Anatomy or Physiology course.
- The additional Anatomy or Physiology course grade will be averaged in to the entirety of previously completed Anatomy and Physiology coursework.
- A grade of "C" or better in the BIOL 40A, 40B, and 40C series cannot be repeated at Foothill or De Anza campuses.
Refer to this chart to check for equivalency if you plan to take, or have taken, prerequisite courses outside of Foothill College, including additional Human Anatomy and Physiology classes to meet the minimum GPA requirement.
If the course is not listed please check with a Foothill counselor.
- Radiologic Technology Prerequisite Equivalency Chart
- Foothill College Transfer Equivalency Guide — See Allied Health Programs instructions.
All foreign transcripts must be evaluated by one of the following agencies
|Educational Credential Evaluators
|World Education Services, Inc.
P.O. Box 26879
San Francisco, CA