About Our Program
Exercise Your Options with Kinesiology
Kinesiology classes introduce you to the basic physiological, psychological, sociological and mechanical principles of human movement.
Degrees & Certificates
If you love the challenges of physical activities and sports and the rewards that come with it, consider a career in one of the fields of Kinesiology.
- Sports Medicine, Associate in Science Degree
- Kinesiology, Associate Degree for Transfer
- Personal Trainer, Certificate of Achievement
We've Got Something for Everyone
We offer a broad selection of PE activity classes for all students — whether your goal is to
- relieve stress between classes with yoga or a fun game of ping pong
- improve your golf or bowling game
- learn the art of archery in a fun environment with new friends
- or strengthen and condition your body for a summer backpacking trip
Sampling of PE classes offered throughout the year:
- AQUATICS: Swimming, Water Exercise and Awareness
- CARDIOVASCULAR FITNESS: Walking, Running, Hiking and Indoor Cycling
- COMBATIVES: Tai Chi and Kickboxing
- CROSS TRAINING: Thighs, Abs and Glutues; Interval, Bootcamp and Survivor Training and more
- FLEXIBILITY: Pilates, Yoga, Core Conditioning and Stretching
- INDIVIDUAL SPORTS: Golf, Tennis, Table Tennis (Ping Pong), Archery, Badminton and Bowling
- STRENGTH DEVELOPMENT: Nutritional Assessment/Fitness; Circuit Training; Weight Lifting and more
- TEAM SPORTS: Water Polo, Softball, Indoor Soccer, Basketball, Volleyball
- DANCE: Ballet, Modern Dance, Jazz, Ballroom & Social Dance; Hip Hop
The Foothill College pool is used for lap swimming, instruction, aqua aerobics, and competition. With this in mind, the pool is maintained at a temperature range between 78 and 82 degrees Fahrenheit. Please see the United States Water Fitness Association website for more information on recommended temperatures for these activities.
We're Here to Help!
Kinesiology & Athletics Division
RM 2701, Main Campus
Division Office Contacts
|Debbie Lee, Interim Division Dean
|Mike Teijeiro, Athletic Director
Division Administrative Assistant
|Kinesiology & Athletics Division|