Support Services for Foster Youth
The Guardian Scholars Program provides a full range of supportive services to current and former foster youth.
Our supportive staff can assist you with your transition to college through our collaborative student services and resources to achieve your academic goals. We are here to help you succeed!
We provide the following services
- Academic counseling and advising
- Book vouchers
- Priority registration
- Emergency meal vouchers
- Major and career exploration
- Assistance with college applications
- Help applying for financial aid
Connect with a RISE Coach
In partnership with Silicon Valley Children's Fund, a RISE coach can help ease the transition to Foothill College. You don't have to do it alone.
A compassionate and sensitive RISE coach can
- help you discover and explore academic and career interests
- assist you in setting academic and personal goals
To connect with the RISE coach on campus, contact Sheena Xyong at 408.484.6208 or email@example.com.
Other Campus Services to Help You!
Here are some on-campus services current and former foster youth should connect with.