Foothill College Promise
Get your first year of college free!
First-time, full-time students — apply for Foothill College Promise
Experience the smarter choice of a great quality education at no cost to you!
First-time, full-time students (12 units or more) are eligible to have the cost of tuition and fees fully paid for their first year at Foothill College.
- SAVE at least $1,281 for the year — at $31 x 12 units per quarter + basic fees — for free, if you meet the requirements.
- And it doesn't stop there. Any number of units more than 12 will be covered during your first year at Foothill. That can add up to some extra cash.
Eligible students that qualify for the California College Promise Grant (formerly known as the BOG fee waiver) will receive textbook vouchers at the college bookstore.
Get Started Today
Sign Up for a Reminder to Apply for Fall Admission
Our fall application opens May 2019.
Fill out our Interest Form so that we can remind you to apply for admission and provide you more information that fits your interests.
Review Requirements to Receive College Promise
- Must have earned a high school diploma or the equivalent (i.e., GED or CHSPEE) and
- Never attended college after having earned a high school diploma or the equivalent (summer enrollments are NOT disqualifying) and
- Enroll in and maintain a minimum of 12 units (full-time status) during your first and subsequent quarters of the 2019-20 academic year at Foothill College
- Qualify for in-state tuition rates, including via the AB 540 Nonresident Tuition Fee Exemption
Fill out a 2019-2020 FAFSA or Dream Act Application
It takes less than 30 minutes to apply, and even faster with the new FAFSA mobile
Explore Your Options
We have many great resources at Foothill to help you succeed. Check out these programs.
- Learning Communities to help you connect with a supportive network of students, instructors and counselors
- Honors Institute — learn about our UCLA Transfer Alliance Program
- Transfer Center — to guide you in reaching your academic goals beyond Foothill!
- Attend our Day on the Hill on May 4 — meet our student services and academic program teams at this fun information packed event!
We Invite All Students to Join Us
We encourage all underrepresented students to apply for admission to Foothill College, including undocumented students, veterans and AVID students.
Students who have participated in Early College Promise for dual-enrolled high school students are encouraged to enroll and will receive the same benefits of the Early College Promise if enrolled full-time at Foothill.
- Check the Foothill College Promise FAQ for additional information
Apply for Financial Aid
We're Here to Help!
Admissions & Records
Academic Dates & Deadlines