Female student looking at books

Financial Aid Programs

BOG Fee Waiver: Apply Now for 2017-2018

Board of Governors Enrollment Fee Waiver: Fast & Simple

State law requires that students attending California Community Colleges pay enrollment fees.

  • The California Community Colleges Board of Governors (BOG) Fee Waiver permits these enrollment fees to be waived for all eligible California and AB540 students.
  • Please be aware that the BOG Fee Waiver is designed to cover your enrollment fees only.
  • Other campus resources exist to assist with the purchase of books and supplies and must be applied for separately.

If you submit a BOG application, we also encourage you to find out if you are eligible for other types of financial aid by filing either a FAFSA or California Dream Act Application.

*Important: You MUST REAPPLY for the BOG Fee Waiver for each new academic year (July 1 - June 30).

Also, effective Fall 2016,  California Community College students receiving the BOG Fee Waiver must meet minimum academic and progress standards to remain eligible for the BOG Fee Waiver.

Apply for the BOG fee waiver now!


Q. What is a BOG Fee Waiver?

The Board of Governors (BOG) Fee Waiver is funded by the State of California to fully waive the enrollment fees charged to eligible California residents and AB 540 students who are attending community college. To determine your eligibility for the BOG Fee Waiver, you need to complete either the FAFSA, if you are a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen; the CA Dream Act if you fall into the category of AB 540 students; or the BOG Fee Waiver application.

Q. I've heard about waivers for the enrollment fee at California Community Colleges, but I'm not on public assistance. Even so, I won't be able to afford the per unit cost. What can I do?

You might qualify for an enrollment fee waiver if you meet certain income requirements based on family size. There is a simple, one page application for the Board of Governors Fee Waiver Program available online at any California Community College Financial Aid website or you may contact any California Community College Financial Aid Office for more information.

Q. If I qualified for a BOG Fee Waiver at De Anza College, how can I get it at Foothill College too?

If you qualified for the BOG Fee Waiver at one school, you can simply notify the other school's Financial Aid Office to get your BOG Fee Waiver there as well.
Apply for BOG Fee Waiver
Admissions & Records Building

Questions?We're Here to Help!

Financial Aid Office



Building 8100, Room 8101