Foothill-De Anza (FHDA) offers numerous need- and merit-based scholarships for part-time and full-time students in most academic majors. Scholarships are dollars that you do not repay and can be used for school-related expenses. Applying for FHDA scholarships is free
Application Deadline & Support
The majority of Foothill scholarships have a deadline of mid-February. See what you can do in the beginning of the academic year to prepare to apply and what to expect after February.
|July: The scholarship system will shut down to archive the prior academic year's information.|
|August: The scholarship system will re-open for the new academic year. Now is a great time to start working on the general scholarship application that is required for all Foothill scholarships. A few scholarships with early deadlines will be posted.|
|September: The majority of Foothill scholarships will be posted.|
|Mid-February: The majority of Foothill scholarships will close for review.|
|March: Round one of the scholarship review process begins. Scholarship finalists are selected.|
|April: Round two of the scholarship review process begins. Scholarship winners are selected.|
|June: A few scholarships with late deadlines will close for review. Winners will be selected and notified by the end of the month.|
How to Apply for Scholarships
For easy reference, download and print the Foothill Scholarship Application Checklist
- Log in to MyPortal
- Click on your Students tab
- Click on the AcademicWorks logo
- If needed, use your student identification number and MyPortal password to log in to the AcademicWorks system.
- Under the Applications tab in AcademicWorks, select “General Applications”
- Click on the “General Application” link in that section to complete your general scholarship application
- Click on Opportunities
- Scroll to "Recommended" to view a customized list of scholarships. (*Note: It will take 24 hours from the time you finish and submit your general scholarship application for this list to be customized for you.)
- Scroll to ‘Ours’ to view all of the currently posted scholarships for the Foothill-De Anza District.
- Scroll to ‘External’ to view outside scholarship opportunities.
- Applying for scholarships is a competitive process. Please be aware that not every student who applies for scholarships will win.
- If you don't meet the minimum criteria for a scholarship that you apply for, your application will not be considered for that scholarship.
- If you fail to attach a legible copy of any of the required documents for a scholarship, such as your Foothill College transcript, resume, etc., your application for that scholarship will be incomplete and it will not be considered.
- All required documents must be submitted online. The Financial Aid Office does not accept any documents, such as letters of recommendation, on a student’s behalf.
- You can go to the Foothill College Teaching & Learning Center in Building 3600 to scan your academic transcripts for FREE.
- Once you’ve applied for Foothill scholarships, you can monitor the status of those applications in AcademicWorks by going to the Applications tab and clicking on “Active”.
- There is no limit to how many scholarships you can apply for. However, please be sure to review and verify you meet the minimum qualifications for a scholarship prior to applying.
- Most scholarships disburse during Spring or Fall quarters of each academic year. Please note that in order for the Foothill College system to disburse your scholarship funds, you must be enrolled in at least six units for the term, unless otherwise stated in the scholarship posting.
Tips for Writing Your "My Story" Essay
- Download Tips for writing "My Story" Essay
- Go to the Teaching and Learning Center for writing and grammar assistance.
Outside Scholarship Opportunities
Periodically, the Financial Aid Office is asked by an outside agency to advertise a scholarship they offer to undergraduate students.
If we feel the scholarship is legitimate and a good fit for our students, we will post it on the 'External Opportunities' section of our scholarship system, AcademicWorks.
Please be sure to review all information posted for an outside scholarship since scholarship requirements and application processes vary from one opportunity to another.
If you have questions about the application process for a particular outside scholarship, please contact the agency listed on that scholarship's web page.
Additional Scholarship Information
All scholarship search engines and resources provided below are FREE to use.
https://www.reviews.com/best-scholarship-search-platforms/ is a useful guide that reviews the best scholarship search engines and instructs students on how to use them effectively to find as many opportunities as possible.
http://www.fastweb.com is a highly recommended online resource that provides a free matching service for scholarships. Once you complete a profile, you'll have access to a database of more than 1.5 million scholarships.
https://www.scholarships.com is a widely used online resource for students of all ages to search for college scholarships and other financial aid information
http://www.college-scholarships.com/ is an all purpose college and scholarship information site which includes links to nine free internet scholarship search data bases, links to college websites and online applications, college admissions office email addresses and (mostly toll free) phone numbers, ACT and SAT prep information, and much, much more. The site has been the recipient of more than 25 internet awards and receives more than 150,000 visits each month.
http://e4fc.org/scholarshiplists.html E4FC has developed resources to help undocumented students across the United States
find scholarships to pay for college.
Scholarships and Grants Free US College Scholarships, Grants, Competitions and Awards Resources.
Scholarship Review Committee
Please check back. Updated instructions coming soon.If you are interested in volunteering as a Scholarship Review Committee member, please email email@example.com.
Scholarship Giving at Foothill College
View information on how to establish a new scholarship.
Thank you to our Scholarship Donors!
Take a moment to visit the Foothil-De Anza Foundation website to read stories about our donors!