students against wall


Transfer Students

We understand there are two types of transfer students: those transferring to Foothill from another college or university, and students planning to transfer to a 4-year university. Sometime you may be both!

If you've already completed some credit coursework at another university, and even if you are looking to only attend Foothill for a summer course, you will

  1. Apply for Admission
  2. Take Assessment Tests
  3. See a counselor
    • After you apply for admission and receive your Foothill College student ID, you can make an appointment to see a counselor. 
    • If you are new to college and transferring to a 4-year university is your goal, we encourage you to sign up for a SOAR workshop to attend an orientation to college.
    • If you are only taking one class but have questions, our counselors offer several ways to meet with them to determine you educational goals.
  4. Register for classes
  5. Pay for classes
    • Pay your fees as soon as possible after registering. If you need help paying for college, we offer financial aid options and payment plans. Remember that you may be dropped from your classes if you do not pay in a timely manner.
ph default text

Need Help?Contact Us!

Admissions and Records


A & R Help Form

Student Services Building 8100, Room 8101


A & R Office Hours

Spring Quarter
April 9-June 29
Mon. & Tues. 8 a.m.–6 p.m.
Wed. & Thurs. 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Fri. 8 a.m.–3 p.m.

Mon.–Thurs. 10 a.m.–7 p.m.
Fri. 10 a.m.–1:30 p.m.