How to Order Foothill Transcripts
Be aware that the Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974 prohibits the release of student records without written consent of the student. Parents of minor students enrolled at Foothill College may not request transcripts without this consent.
Main Campus Transcript Window
Located in the Admissions & Records Office (Room 8101), the transcript window is open Mondays and Tuesdays, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Wednesdays and Thursdays, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; and Fridays from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. (closed Fridays during Summer Session).
Transcripts of academic work that you have completed at Foothill College may be ordered in one of the following ways:
- Online: follow the 'Online' instructions listed below;
- By Mail: Send a letter that includes your handwritten signature to the Foothill College Admissions & Records Office, 12345, El Monte Road, Los Altos Hills CA 94022-4599;
- By Fax: Fax a request that includes your handwritten signature to (650) 949-7048; or
- In Person: Present valid photo ID at the Foothill College Admissions & Records Office.
Foothill College partners with Credentials Inc. to accept transcript orders via the Internet through a secure website. TranscriptsPlus® will facilitate your request 24 hours per day, 365 days per year for a minimal service charge. Requesting transcripts through Credentials Inc. will:
- Eliminate the need to come to the college to make the request in person;
- Eliminate the delay created by submitting a written request by mail;
- Authorize and process your credit card payment;
- Facilitate the authorization to release student records as required by law;
- Provide e-mail or fax communication with you while your order is being processed;
- Provide operator assistance by calling 1-800-646-1858 weekdays from 8:30 a.m. (CST) to 5 p.m. (CST); and
- Allow you to submit your request any time, day or night.
If you attended Foothill College after 2000, you may login using your MyPortal.fhda.edu account to request your official transcripts or to review unofficial transcripts.
If you do not know your Student ID (CWID) number, access MyPortal.fhda.edu and click on the What Is My Campuswide ID? link.
Order Your Transcript here
(Opens in a new window. Non-Foothill College Web site service.)
If you attended before 1984, your academic records are on microfiche. If you attended both before and after, please make sure you indicate this in the comments to ensure that you receive your complete transcript record.
Include the following information:
Full name, and any previous names
Social Security number
Date of birth
Approximate dates of attendance
Complete address(es) where the transcript(s) is to be sent; and
You may also download a Transcript Request Form (PDF), complete it online, print it and mail, FAX, or bring it to the Admissions and Records Office .
Foothill College, Office of Admissions
12345 El Monte Rd
Los Altos Hills, CA 94022-4599
FAX: (650) 949-7048
On Demand Transcripts: Come in person to the Admissions Office at the Main Campus. It's $14 for each transcript requested. The transcript(s) will be processed while you wait.
Priority Processed Transcripts: A priority (rush) transcript is $14 for each transcript and will be processed within 24 to 72 hours of receiving the request or within three working days. Be certain to include the complete address(es) to which the transcript(s) is to be mailed. All transcripts are mailed via First Class US Mail only. Transcripts will not be mailed overnight or via express mail. Payment for priority (rush) transcript requests is for faster processing as compared to routine requests, however, the priority-processed transcript is still mailed via First Class US Mail only. You may not pick up the transcript.
Routine Processed Transcripts: : Your first two routine transcripts are free; thereafter-routine transcripts are $4 each. Processing requires up to three weeks; plan accordingly. You may request the free transcript via PDF, by mail or in person only; the free transcript is not available through the online ordering service. All transcripts are mailed via First Class U.S. Mail only. Transcripts will not be mailed overnight or via express mail. You may not pick up the transcript.
Be aware of the following restrictions
- Transcript will NOT be processed unless all outstanding obligations to Foothill College and De Anza College are cleared;
- Transcript will NOT be processed without student's handwritten signature;
- Work-in-Progress will include currently enrolled courses;
- End-of-quarter requests requests for transcripts are accepted only during finals week or later;
- Only grades that you have earned at Foothill College are listed on your Foothill College transcript. You are responsible for ordering transcripts that list grades from other schools that you have attended from those original schools.
- Use a separate form to designate different recipients of your transcript. Multiple transcripts to be sent to the same recipient may be shown on a single request form; and
- The Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974 prohibits release of student records without written consent of the student. Parents of minor students enrolled at Foothill College may not request transcripts without this consent.
Admissions and Records
Student Services Building 8100, Room 8101
Can't find an answer on our website?
TEXT your admissions or registration question/concern to Foothill's ASK ME! service.
Text questions will be answered during regular business hours.
A & R Office Hours
MAIN CAMPUSMon. & Tues. 8 a.m.–6 p.m.
Wed. & Thurs. 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Fri. 8 a.m.–3 p.m.
SUNNYVALE CENTERMon.–Thurs. 10 a.m.–7:30 p.m.
Fri. 10 a.m.–2 p.m.
HOLIDAYS & EXCEPTIONSMonday, Jan. 21 Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday
Friday-Monday, Feb. 15-18 President's Day Recess
Academic Dates & Deadlines