Online Degrees & Certificates
AA Transfer Studio Arts
Studio Art is the study of visual art through hands-on studio experience and understanding of the history of art. The Associate in Arts in Studio Arts for Transfer degree is a solid preparation for transfer majors to local California State Universities (CSUs) in various areas in Studio Art. The Associate in Arts in Studio Arts for Transfer degree includes core foundation level drawing, two-dimensional and three-dimensional design, and art history. The Associate in Arts in Studio Arts for Transfer degree also offers a wide variety of beginning level studio art electives including painting, figure and head and hand drawing, ceramics and ceramic sculpture, print arts, digital arts, and photography.
Students who complete the Associate in Arts in Studio Arts for Transfer degree will be ensured preferential transfer status to local CSUs for Studio Art majors and majors in related disciplines. The Associate in Arts in Studio Arts for Transfer degree requirements will fulfill the lower division major requirements at many local CSUs. Students are advised, however, to meet with a counselor to assess the course requirements for specific local CSUs.
Learn more about the program on the Art website.
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates will be equipped with the fundamental formal two- and three-dimensional foundation-level technical skills, materials, concepts, and methods.
Graduates will gain strong awareness of cultural art traditions through the examination and critical evaluation of culturally significant works of art.
Graduates will be able to critique and analyze two- and three-dimensional creative projects using the current principles, theories, and language of art and design.
Associate Degree Requirements
Associate in Arts in Studio Arts for Transfer requires completion of a minimum of 90 units to include:
- CSU General Education Breadth Requirements or the *Intersegmental Genearl Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) 49-58 units (full certification is required)
- Core and suppport courses (37.5 units, of which 9 units may satisfy the GE requirement)
- Transferable electives necessary to meet the 90-unit minimum requirement
* IMPORTANT NOTE: Although it is possible to fulfill the requirements for the Associate Degree for Transfer by completing the IGETC for UC pattern, admission to CSU requires completion of an Oral Communication course (IGETC Area 1C; CSU GE Area A-1); therefore, students who plan to transfer to CSU should complete this course as part of their GE or elective units.
NOTE: All courses pertaining to the major must be completed with a grade of "C" (or "P") or better. In addition, the student must obtain a minimum GPA of 2.0.
Online Courses for Social Work and Human Services Studio Arts AAT
The courses listed BELOW are offered as online courses at least once every two years. Please see the Class Schedule for verification.
- For a complete listing of online courses offered during the current quarter, visit Online Course Information.
- If you need any additional degree information or confirmation, please contact the Counseling Division.
NOTE: Students having difficulty attaining an associate degree because of timing or availability of classes should consult with a counselor to submit a petition for course substitution.
Core and Support Courses
|History of Western Art from the Middle Ages to the Renaissance
|or ART 2BH
|Honors History of Western Art from the Middle Ages to the Renaissance
|History of Western Art from the Baroque to Contemporary
|Fundamentals of Drawing
Complete one course from List A: (4.5 Units)
|History of Art: History of Western Art from Prehistory through Early Christianity
|or ART 2AH
|Honors History of Art: History of Western Art from Prehistory through Early Christianity
|African, Oceanic & Native American Art
|Introduction to Asian Art
|History of Modern Art from Post-Impressionism to the Present
And complete 12 units from three areas in List B: (12 Units)
|and ART 4C *
|Figure Drawing I
|and ART 4E *
|Heads & Hands Drawing
|Oil Painting I
|or ART 19B
|Acrylic Painting I
|Oil Painting II
|Beginning Ceramics Handbuilding
|Other Studio Arts Area
|Digital Art Area
|Digital Art & Graphics
|Introduction to Photography
* Both courses must be completed to fulfill the requirement.
Note that this is a list of fully online courses that satisfy degree requirements.
For a list of on-campus courses that satisfy degree requirements, please visit Associate Degree for Transfer-Studio Arts 2023-2024.
Based on the 2023 - 2024 degree program.