Online Degrees & Certificates
AS Transfer Business Administration 2.0
The Associate in Science in Business Administration 2.0 for Transfer Degree is intended for students who plan to transfer and complete a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration and majors in a related discipline at a CSU campus. Students completing this program are guaranteed admission to the CSU system but not necessarily to a particular campus or major of choice. Students should consult with a counselor for more information on admission to specific universities and their transfer requirements as individual schools may require different or additional coursework to that listed for the Associate in Science in Business Administration 2.0 for Transfer Degree.
Learn more about the program on the Business Administration website.
Program Learning Outcomes
Students will develop skills to interpret resource allocation through research in basic financial literacy skills (computation, critical thinking skills) by analyzing the data with understanding of communication/leadership locally and in the global sphere of the business world. This is accomplished in writing and in their oral presentations.
As a result of these basic business experiences, students will develop strategies on to which area of business they may enter.
Associate Degree Requirements
Associate in Science in Business Administration 2.0 for Transfer requires completion of a minimum of 90 units to include:
- CSU General Education Breadth Requirements or the *Intersegmental Genearl Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) 49-58 units (full certification is required)
- Core and suppport courses (45 Units, of which 15 units may satisfy the GE requirement)
- Transferable electives necessary to meet the 90-unit minimum requirement
* Important Note: Although it is possible to fulfill the requirements for the Associate Degree for Transfer by completing the IGETC for UC pattern, admission to CSU requires completion of an Oral Communication course (IGETC Area 1C; CSU GE Area A-1); therefore, students who plan to transfer to CSU should complete this course as part of their GE or elective units.
NOTE: All courses pertaining to the major must be completed with a grade of "C" (or "P") or better. In addition, the student must obtain a minimum GPA of 2.0.
Online Courses for Business Administration 2.0 AST
The courses listed BELOW are offered as online courses at least once every two years. Please see the Class Schedule for verification.
- For a complete listing of online courses offered during the current quarter, visit Online Course Information.
- If you need any additional degree information or confirmation, please contact the Counseling Division.
NOTE: Students having difficulty attaining an associate degree because of timing or availability of classes should consult with a counselor to submit a petition for course substitution.
Core and Support Courses
|ACTG 1A||Financial Accounting I||5|
|ACTG 1B||Financial Accounting II||5|
|or ACTG 1BH||Honors Financial Accounting II||5|
|ACTG 1C||Managerial Accounting||5|
|or ACTG 1CH||Honors Managerial Accounting||5|
|BUSI 18||Business Law I||5|
|BUSI 22||Principles of Business||5|
|or BUSI 22H||Honors Principles of Business||5|
|ECON 1A||Principles of Macroeconomics||5|
|ECON 1B||Principles of Microeconomics||5|
|MATH 10 *||Elementary Statistics||5|
|or PSYC 7||Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences||5|
|or SOC 7||Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences||5|
|MATH 12 **||Calculus for Business & Economics||5|
|or MATH 1A||Calculus|
* Only one course is permitted from: MATH 10, PSYC 7, SOC 7.
** Only one course is permitted from MATH 12, MATH 1A.
Note that this is a list of fully online courses that satisfy degree requirements.
For a list of on-campus courses that satisfy degree requirements, please visit Associate Degree for Transfer-Business Administration 2.0 2023-2024.
Based on the 2023 - 2024 degree program.