Frequently Asked Questions
Q: When and where is the commencement ceremony?
The ceremony is Friday, June 28, at 6 p.m. in the Library Quad at Foothill College in Los Altos Hills. The quad is located in the center of the campus.
Q: How can I make sure my name is printed in the commencement program?
Q: When is the deadline to petition for spring graduation?
The deadline to petition for spring quarter graduation is Friday, May 31.
Q: What steps do I need to take to graduate?
- Meet with your counselor and submit a Petition to Graduate Form by Friday, May 31 to participate in the commencement ceromony and to have your name printed on the program.
- Apply to be our Student Speaker by May 10.
- Purchase your cap and gown from the Bookstore starting June 1-28.
- Invite your family and friends to attend – no tickets required!
- Attend Graduation Rehearsal Friday, June 28 at 10 a.m. at the Library Quad.
- Arrive at the Smithwick Theatre patio by 5 p.m. on Friday, June 28, dressed and ready to go. Ceremony starts at 6 p.m.
- Celebrate your accomplishments at a complimentary reception sponsored by ASFC immediately following at the Smithwick Theatre patio.
Q: Will there be a rehearsal for the commencement ceremony?
Yes, there will be a rehearsal on Friday, June 28, at 10 a.m. at the Library Quad.
Q: Who can participate in the 2019 Commencement Ceremony?
We invite you to participate in the 2019 Commencement Ceremony — if you graduated or will graduate from Foothill College during the following terms:
- Summer 2018
- Fall 2018,
- Winter 2019
- Spring 2019* or end of Summer 2019**
*Please note that if you graduate this Spring 2019, you must petition by May 31.
**If you petition to graduate for Summer 2019 before the June 28 ceremony, you may participate in the ceremony but your name will be included in the following year's program.
Q: Where will the post-Commencement Reception take place?
Celebrate your accomplishments at a complimentary reception sponsored by ASFC immediately following Commencement at the Smithwick Theatre patio.
Q: How can I apply to be the 2019 Commencement Student Speaker?
The deadline to apply to be our 2019 Commencement Student Speaker is Friday, May 10, 2019. Please contact Catalina Rodriguez at email@example.com for details and more information.
Q: Where can I purchase my cap & gown and other regalia?
You can purchase your Cap & Gown and other graduation regalia at our Bookstore (Room 2301), June 1-28.
Q: Will the Commencement Ceremony be recorded?
Yes, the Commencement Ceremony will be recorded and uploaded to the Foothill College YouTube channel. Please check after a week of Commencement for the recording. The recording will include closed captioning.
Q: Will we need to pay for parking for Commencement?
Q: Do family and friends need to buy tickets to attend the Commencement Ceremony?
No tickets required for Commencement. Everyone in your party is welcome!
Q: Will there be additional security on campus for Commencement?
Yes, Foothill-De Anza District Police will be on duty during the entirety of the event.
Q: Will there be first-aid available?
Yes, we will have two Emergency Medical Technicians at Commencement providing first-aid.
Q: What kind of disability accommodations will be available?
During Commencement, we will have live sign-language interpretation of the ceremony. If you or anyone in your party needs this service, please contact us to reserve special seating.
We will also have special transportation available for those in a wheel chair or with a mobility disability.